What is Getting Started: Evaluating your Impact?
Based on the Leading for Impact approach to measuring impact in organisations with a social mission, Getting Started: Evaluating your Impact is a practical introductory course to evaluating your project or organisations impact.
The Leading for Impact programme is designed to support you to develop a culture for measuring the impact of your services. This exciting one day programme will help your project or organisation prove what you do works, improve your services and use your evidence to inform the broader strategy for your project or organisation.
Who’s it for?
- Senior staff new to Leading for Impact
- Project Managers
- Front-line staff
- New board members
If you would like to discuss how the course might meet your learning needs, please contact us using the tab on the right of the page or sign-up to our newsletter at the bottom of the page to find out more.
The programme is delivered through a series of workshops and ongoing support;
- One-day workshop that takes place either from our London office or on-site at your organisation.
- Practical tools to help you review your project or organisations current impact practice to take with you and use after the workshop.
- Develop and clarify your Theory of Change and use this as a solid basis to prioritise the most important things to measure.
- Improve your strategic thinking and ensure your impact evaluation work influences the bigger picture and considers how you will bring your team with you after the workshop.
The course is designed to help you;
- Evidence impact – proving what you do
- Enhance your services – improving on what you do
- Strategic development – help you to see the bigger picture. Feed into broader organisational strategies, generate funds and embed new practices within your workplace culture
The course draws together best practice from across the sector to give participants practical tools and techniques to plan their own evaluation activities and to foster a culture of evaluation in their project or organisation and build their teams capacity to deliver practical and meaningful research, evaluation and impact assessment.
During the workshop you’ll develop a personal action plan as you become acquainted with the model, consider your learning from the workshop and also identify specific actions for yourself and your team that will help you to develop a suitable impact assessment strategy.
What Will I Learn?
The learning objectives for the programme include
- Understanding the core research/evaluation process in a civil society context
- Considering the role of leaders in civil society in initiating and driving organisations evidence strategy.
- Critically assessing an organisations current evidence practices and forming plans to improve these systems.
- Reflecting on the role of leaders in managing both the technical and cultural aspects of generating and using evidence effectively.
- Assessing the alignment between the evidence strategy and the broader financial and organisational strategies.
- Forming and implementing action plans and strategies to develop evidence practices in your organisation.
For further information contact us using the tab on the right of the page.
The open-access course costs £224 per person.
In-house delivery or open-access course is available from £1,500.
Duration: One day
Time: 10am – 4:30pm
Open-Access Venue: Attend, Kings Fund, Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0AN
No open-access course dates are currently available.
Dates for future courses will be announced in due course. To be notified of future opportunities to attend the programme, please sign up to the newsletter below or contact us using the tab on the right.
Contact us to discuss in-house delivery.
To discuss delivering the course on site with your team, use the contact us form to the right to get in touch and discuss your needs.